Saturday, November 23, 2013

Appreciation....

My verb for the day is "appreciate." We should appreciate what we have, rather than mourning over what we do not have. Though I lost my father 22 years ago (who died at the young age of 58 from a massive heart attack), I appreciate that I still have my dear mother and all my siblings with whom I am going to spend 5 glorious days...all together for the first time in over a year. And even though I was never able to have children of my own, I have 9 nieces and nephews, all beautiful in heart, soul and mind; and I will be able to spend time with some of them and meet their precious children, some for the first time ever. I appreciate that, even though I never dated and went through grade school and high school thinking I was fat and ugly and worthless enough that no man would ever look twice at me, I met a wonderful man when I was 20 years old that loved my heart and loved my mind and made me come to realize that I was not as fat, nor as ugly, nor as worthless as I had led myself to believe and he has been my protector and best friend for 35 years now. How blessed I am!! I appreciate so many things this day! I appreciate the gifts of life and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment